Monday 8 July 2013

4 o'clock break.

I am sitting outside, in the sun, with a glass of red wine in my hand. I badly needed some rest, my body is shattered. I lay slouched and slumped while the descending sun bakes me gently. Birds are tweeting all around, some squirrel argue, flies and bumblebees buzz right under my nose. My little orange tree proudly explodes with regained vigour. Time flows around my bubble of absolute hold. I’m in a motionless state of peace.

I think of you.

Can the blazing sun even reach you? Has your mind been at peace at all? I wish you too could halt and unstrain just as I do right now.

I think of you and my heart sinks. Tears have left tepid trails on my fiery skin. They slowly dry up and evaporate. I wish summer could dry up your sorrows so they too could evaporate.

I am thinking of you so much, every day, and there’s nothing else I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment